The Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease invites you to celebrate
CONNECTICUT DIABETES HEART CONNECTION DAY
WATCH NOW: https://www.facebook.com/DiabetesHeart/videos/1593116264097447/?fref=mentions
Type 2 diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in Connecticut, but the actual toll is even higher. 2 out of 3 deaths in people with type 2 diabetes are attributed to cardiovascular disease nationally.
Please Join us for an Important Discussion on the co-occurrence of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease with:
- Dr. Mehul Dalal, Chronic Disease Director, CT Dept. Public Health
- Cindy Kozak, Diabetes Prevention & Control, CT Dept. Public Health
- Betty Hill, Nurses Ministries, Mt. Aery Church
- Karen Graffeo, Progam Manager, DiabetesSisters
- Lisa Neff, Community Health Director, American Heart Association
- Randy Rutta, Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease (PFCD)
WHEN: TUESDAY APRIL 10 from 9:00am – 10:30am
WHERE: LEGISLATIVE OFFICE BUILDING 2ND FLOOR BREAKOUT AREA
Please join us on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. to learn more about the impact of diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and help us celebrate this national day of observance to motivate change in health care that could prevent and better manage these costly chronic diseases.
LIVESTREAM VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThePFCD/videos/?ref=page_internal
- Kenneth Thorpe, Chairman, PFCD
- John Clymer, Executive Director, National Forum for Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention
- Ann Forburger, MS, Diabetes Community Lead, National Association of Chronic Disease DIrectors
- Omar M. Lattouf, MD, PhD, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- Anne Dalin, Patient
Thursday, November 9, 2017 – 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
2203 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
- Speaker Bios
- Diabete-Heart Connection Infographic
- New Diabetes Prevention Benefit for Health Plan Members & Their Families
- CDC Diabetes Infographic
- NACDD At A Glance
- Better Management of Diabetes Saves the United States Money
- Wisconsin Pharmacists Provide Medication Therapy Management Services
- NACDD Fireside Chat and Virtual Roundtables Issue Brief
- Diabetes and the Heart - Dr. Lattouf Presentation
- Wrong Direction: Troubling Trends in the Rate of U.S. Cardiovascular Disease Deaths
Florida Academy of Family Physicians' Family Medicine Summer Forum